Burned out...

Working through burnout is becoming an issue for me. It has been a moment since I have been able to just step back from my extra activities that work me as hard as my regular job with less pay and less praise. Obviously, I don't do it for that or I would have probably quit by now. There is a time that a break should be had from even things that you love. 

I feel like my effectiveness is low... I press but feel as if I am not making a dent in facilitating the thing that I love. I struggle with keeping my hands to the plow or letting go and letting whatever happens happen. I don't seem to be able to stop it anyway. I'm this person that tries to give it the best that I can until I just can't anymore. Burnout makes you feel like you can't but I remember that the word of God says that nothing is impossible with Him. Since I'm on the Lord's side I guess I'd better get up!

Step back, rest, evaluate your effectiveness, make changes and implement - repeat as needed 

Comments

Popular Posts