Adjustable Valerie

Everyone has to adjust to something. A new job, moving to a new house, the birth of a new baby, a new position at the church... But what if your life has been a multiplicity of adjustments for others. Some call it going through "changes" others call it crazy. For me the name depends on the day.

I have adjusted to keep others happy. I have adjusted to make others successful. I have adjusted to make others comfortable. I have sacrificed my time, energy, youthfulness and patience in an effort to provide peace and comfortability to various people. I really love to serve.

I remember dating a guy who got frustrated with me because I didn't say "no" to him. I knew our time was limited so whatever he wanted to do I worked it out. I am much better than I once was. Even still at times I will randomly say "yes" too quickly and double or even triple book myself in an effort to make others happy.
I hold my tongue until it hurts about my feelings and thoughts only to be shut out when I make the hard fought effort to express them. Of course, I am considering others over myself. But amazingly I am in good spirits and trust God to work a wonder that these few paragraphs won't let me complete.

I thank God for the onset of me. I thank God that I may have helped, inspired or given encouragement to someone. I sometimes feel used, neglected and alone but my purpose is to show love to God's people. Now I believe that God will show more love to me! God gives me peace. My latest adjustment is not to resist His will.

Mark 11:23
Instant Oracle Ministries -Valerie Spivey Danzy

Comments

Popular Posts